Kohl's - Very Flexible place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"Very Flexible place to work"

Current Employee - POS Specialist in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - POS Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very Flexible, Great discounts when stackable with Friends & family or Associate shop days, Friendly, good people, nice stores

Cons

no much room for advancement, late/early hours, no return policy, sometimes lack of communication among co-workers

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

"Great friendly environment, very low wage and minimal hours though"

Current Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are quite happy working there, the team is really involved and management is excellent with staying on top of things and ensuring everyone knows what is going on. Help is always a few steps away and for the most part, customers are quite pleasant too!

Cons

Sporadic scheduling. I'll work 8 hours one week and 30 another. Very unreliable scheduling though they do work around your own flexibility. I would like to work more hours and the tiny pay is certainly nothing to smile about. I make just over minimum wage and I've been in retail/customer service for 12 years. It's a slap in the face to my skill level and accomplishments in the work field. For a multi million dollar corporation, you'd think they would at least make an attempt to pay people a competitive wage. I'm 30 and make the same amount as a 16 year old. It's insulting. Also, the 15% employee discount is usually LESS than what customers get. We get it more frequently, but I cringe giving 30% off to customers and they get better deals and perks than I do as an associate. I believe we should get 20% to be fair.

Advice to Management

Pay employees based on experience, skill level and accomplishments... Not just your bare minimum. I love working at Kohls, but I'll be jumping on another job that will pay me what I deserve to make.

2. "Alright"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roseville, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roseville, MI

I worked at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can take whatever days off you want as long as you find someone to cover for you.
    Yes-You-Can lets you not have to talk to management every time you have to make a decision and once you get use to it, makes your job A LOT easier
    Yearly raise

Cons

Rarely room for advancement.
    Late hours
    Work every weekend unless you request them off 2 weeks in advance
    .50 (sometimes a whole dollar) for every credit solicited which there is a goal you need to meet and they will review you once a year. But they NEVER take into consideration your customer care ability.
    Never get recognized for the work you do unless you are close with the managers

Advice to Management

Give your employee's more recognition. Pay more attention to your employees. That "Super Star" of the month may not mean anything to you but it can make a difference to your employees.