Kohl's - I enjoyed my experience with Kohls. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"I enjoyed my experience with Kohls."

Current Employee - MMJ Sales Associate
Current Employee - MMJ Sales Associate

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was friendly here. There are plenty of hours during back to school season and the holiday season. It is a clean environment.

Cons

A lot of employees are young where I was employed, atleast 18 though, and didn't have a great work ethic.

Advice to Management

The management where I worked was excellent. The system is a little confusing but that is probably due to the fact I have only worked for small companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

"Crazy"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only reason to work there would probably be the people you get to work with. Some of the managers are okay but a few of them are downright terrible.

Cons

Mostly everything about working at Kohl's or any retailer is an 'all con' job. If you're not used to people getting in your face and being rude as all get out, it's not the place for you.

Advice to Management

If you're going to ask your employees to be straight up with you when you have your 'chats' don't try and justify what you do at your stores. If you didn't want to know simply don't ask.

2. "Typical Retail"

Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Gig Harbor, WA
    Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at the Gig Harbor and for the most part everyone is nice when it comes to management, and the employees are nice too. If you are responsible, work, and don't complain about your job with other workers you should be good.

Cons

The hours are pathetic. I'm replenishment and only get 10 hours a week and usually less than that. Khol's does NOT give out good hours so this will have to be a second job. Also, when you are trained they teach you "company standard" but when you actually get out on the floor it may be different and some managers "change things" while they all know this some managers still complain about employees not knowing what do to.

Advice to Management

Treat all associates the same; with respect and do not show favor to the ones who are good at getting credit apps. Give your workers more hours, and stop with all of the lame "game day" and "prize day" shenanigan and just gives us more hours to work.