Kohl's - good company | Glassdoor

"good company"

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

company works with workers on hours

Cons

not a good place if you want to advance

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. "Good company"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Kohl's as a contractor

Pros

Good scope for growth in the field of supply chain management. Good pay scale and friendly work environment

Cons

The management is not clear on its vision and lot of complacence in decision making process. Good for a start, but move on for a better growth

2. "Unprofessional"

Current Employee - MJM Supervisor
    Current Employee - MJM Supervisor

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I think first you need to understand that not all Kohl's are alike~I have several friends that work at other Kohl's in our district and they feel different about their jobs simply because of the managment~I have also worked for 3 different kohl's; Pros for working at my current location are; co-workers are wonderful, benefits, same number of hours per week (I am full-time) during the slow time and more during the busy times, this store is very clean and we are all expected to work together to give the customer a great experience.

Cons

Management; Management needs to learn to keep their comments about other employees to themselves or at least to the management team only; employees should never learn that they are getting fired through the grapevine or that they are bad at their job through others. This information needs to be kept within the walls of the office; we should not hear about management having a party because they finally forced someone out of their job; at my kohl's the management team are bullies to the people they do not like; their door is not open for any complaints like they say; if you do complain everyone that works there hears about it. Communication really needs a lot of work~over the holiday's people were fired because they were never told the policies or told incorrectly~then there are the "pets" for our management team it is the young pretty girls or the young guys~average age for our team is 28~they are just not professional~

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be assured in every store even if each employee has to sign something each time a policy is reviewed~there needs to be a way for each employee to assured that if they have a complaint that the district manager or even higher management heeds each complaint~I would suggest an audit of each manager that is given to the district manager or higher instead of these audits being done in the store that you work~