Kohl's - It is a job cannot count on hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"It is a job cannot count on hours"

Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Northborough, MA
Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Northborough, MA

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great co workers most everyone tries to help you when you need help, fellow floor and point of sale people are always cheerful

Cons

cannot count on hours varies to much your schedule is not always posted until the end of the week for the next so cannot plan anything as you might have to work that day. They hound the cashiers to get credit and emails from customers, if you do not they do not give you the hours

Advice to Management

make sure the schedule is out in advance so employees can make plans and stop switching days and hours every week.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. "Great Training program, not enough creative freedom"

Former Intern - Store Management Intern in Madison, WI
    Former Intern - Store Management Intern in Madison, WI

I worked at Kohl's as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The internships provide a great training experience, and they have several networking/training conferences.

Cons

The store management internship basically had interns cleaning up the clothes in dressing rooms, and hanging merchandise on the racks. There was little room for any creativity.

"Great company :)"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Orange City, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Orange City, FL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here almost two years, and I work on the sales floor. I've learned so much, I can do almost about anything (without the exception of managing). While it can get hectic during the major holidays, year round it's overall a nice place to work. We get a good discount, vacation time, 401k benefits, health, vision, and dental too. Even tuition reimbursement. My management team is very helpful and they listen to us quite often. Work/Life balance is good too. Sometimes they can't always accommodate that, but they really try their best. To perk us up, my managers will hand out candy, or they'll bring in food. One morning they made us waffles and pancakes to thank us for our hard work. :) They actually do this quite a bit, to be honest. I like my managers just for the fact that they care about us and want us to be happy. It's really good to have that morale. I see here in other reviews some employees don't have such morale or don't feel respected. Every store is different. I got lucky I guess. My store is awarded best in our district almost every year, and working there it really shows. I work with a great team. :)

Cons

Operating hours can go well into midnight around Christmas.