Kohl's - Management Style Needs Restructuring | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"Management Style Needs Restructuring"

Former Employee - Area Supervisor in South Bend, IN
Former Employee - Area Supervisor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Kohl's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast pace, decent benefits for a retailer. Provides every other weekend off for management. Stores are fairly clean and do provide a safe working enviorment.

Cons

Not enough hours to staff floor. Customers can wait for up to fifteen mins to find any help. Checkout too long. Again, not enough staff. I'm sure this isn't true in all stores but in the one i was at the store managers expected the supervisors to do their jobs as well. Which put us behind. You have to lead by example, not from behind a desk or in an office. Not in retail.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Set the standard for the store. Don't ask your staff to do what you yourself aren't willing to do. This earns respect, which is what will keep people dedicated to you and the store. Believe me its not the pay that keeps them there.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent salary, opportunity, job stability as long as you can keep up with customer readiness, and store stats.

Cons

The do more with less theme has gotten to a point of ridiculousness. Quality of life gets worse every year. Pressure to hit credit, and other store statistics are at an all time high. I see more and more Store Managers fearful for their job.

Advice to Management

Care about your executives as much as you care for the hourly associates. However, we could pay them more then minimum wage.

2. "Decent work, tough customers"

Former Employee - Associate in Mays Landing, NJ
    Former Employee - Associate in Mays Landing, NJ

I worked at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The actual work environment is pretty friendly and focused on providing a unique customer experience. Management is decent and reliable.

Cons

Some customers can be frustrating to deal with, especially during holiday season. Most work is done alone, and there are many things required of you to do at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep providing a unique customer experience, and make sure your employees are able to get their quota filled as fast and as efficient as possible.