Kohl's - Good money and experience for a job out of college | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"Good money and experience for a job out of college"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orange, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay right out of school
Company tries to create a supportive and team oreinted culture

Cons

A lot of gray area in company policy which and create a lot of miss communication and confusion when trying to maintain a cohesive team. Too many coupons. A headache to explain and manage.

Advice to Management

There should be more training training for ASM/SM especially when moving to new stores such as walks with DM about facilities/floorplan details and possibly unique qualities; things that almost no one could learn or figure out until an issue arises and we get blamed for not knowing

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. "All employes are very friendly and helpful to each other and the managers all seem to really believe in co."

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Carbondale, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Carbondale, IL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule and employee discount. The staff is very flexible and willing to trade shifts. The managers are all very friendly and fair. The onboarding and training was awesome. I love the Kohls service promise and the YES we can attitude. It lets me give customers great service and that makes my job much easier.

Cons

Min wage pay and only chance for increase is the once/year salary review time. It would be nice if there was a policy to have increases every 90 days or so.

Advice to Management

Managers do a great job!

2. "Overnight Ad-Set Killed by Digital Signs"

Current Employee - Ad-Set Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Ad-Set Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team was great. Working overnight means almost never interacting with customers. Self-motivators and night-owls win. Even part time employees get benefits. Overnight gets a wage incentive.

Cons

All the advancement opportunities and raise considerations for the day crew is lost on the night crew. Last month or so I worked there they switched to electronic pricing - awful, cheap, and time-consuming. What took 4 people 8 hours to complete they expected me to get done in less than 3 by myself. Impossible.