Kohl's - too much favoritism | Glassdoor

"too much favoritism"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Victor, NY

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

employee discount,clean environment, no equitable treatment.

Cons

clique mentality,favoritism, clique group violates company rules and management turn the other way, no repercussions for unacceptable behavior.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with some maturity of judgement , problem solving and critical thinking skills.

Kohl's2019-11-29
  1. "Customer Service"

Current Contractor - Seasonal Sales Associate in Oakland Park, FL

I have been working at Kohl's for less than a year

Pros

Seasonal opportunity Financial Services Drug free professional environment Retail opportunity to work

Cons

It's a seasonal position. Requesting 3-4 months.

Advice to Management

Schedule an interview select Euline Georges as your candidate.

Kohl's2019-11-21
  2. "Amazing place to work for a creative person"

Former Employee - Art Director in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Kohl's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I can't stress enough how my decade at Kohl's has really set me up for success in all my future endeavors. It has really set a strong foundation for me to be confident, innovative and collaborative in all that I do. I worked in the creative in-house team at the corporate headquarters starting as an intern and working my way to being an art director. There are so many people who want to help you become successful along the way. Kohl's really fosters a place for growth. I will always be grateful for my experience there. Thank you, Kohl's!

Cons

It's harder to get into higher positions as you grow and want to move upwards but your managers are very supportive in understanding your needs and trying to make sure you are being supported, whether there is a position open or not. They take the time to help you grow in other skillsets and opportunities.

Advice to Management

Though the experience was great, compensation could be looked at more seriously as I was promoted internally and felt I was always stuck at the lowest or mid-range in salary range... a common practice in many places which is why many people jump from job to job to try and meet their salary expectations.

Kohl's2020-01-23

Discover more reviews about Kohl's.