Kohl's - I enjoyed working at Kohl's and making customers happy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"I enjoyed working at Kohl's and making customers happy"

Former Employee - Sale Associate in Smyrna, TN
Former Employee - Sale Associate in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love there products and so many other people do as well

Cons

getting terminated wirh no reason even though I was on schedule to work from 8am till 6p.m.
when I returned back from the holidays. I was met at the front door with no reason for not working there anymore and was able to draw unemployment due to assistant manager letting me go. She no longer works at the store I worked at. She was very unfair to work with and had a daughter who worked there as well and showed favortism. I was an honest and good employ working for Kohl's. I was a good goal setter and loved my job

Advice to Management

check into the situation before you let the asisstant manager make decitions on letting a good employee get terminated

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

"Point of Sale needs improvement"

Former Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and easy to learn job.

Cons

They aren't always there for the employees, it is a a lot about getting the credit applications in and how many you get everyday. They push it really hard on credit. Pay isn't the best and they aren't honest about hiring only for the holidays. I was hired as a regular employee and then told I was only a holiday hire like two days before holiday hires were done working.

Advice to Management

Be there more for your employees to communicate with, don't be so hard to talk to and be more rewarding for achievements your employees make. If you have ahead worker acknowledge it. It's isn't just the customers that make the business happen, it is a joint effort.

"Bad...worst job ever."

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Mantua, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Mantua, NJ

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great associates to work with. Employee discount is an extra bonus. A couple of dependable and knowledgeable members of management staff. Male management is the best.

Cons

A few unknowledgeable supervisors and managers. No initiative taken by superiors to learn about different store departments let alone their own department. Lack of training for any position. No support. Ridiculous retail hours. No employee loyalty. Super low pay even if you have experience. You will be thrown to the wolves. High turnover. Customers are spoiled brats who take tantrums until they get what they want. Never follow policy and procedure. It is changed daily to suit the needs of the whiny customers.

Advice to Management

Learn your departments. Your job isn't to walk back and forth saying hello. Help associates when they have questions. LEARN how to train associates properly. Stop leaving associates by themselves so you can eat meals together. By policy we are not to be left unattended without and E-3. You could lose your jobs for doing this. District manager oblivious to what goes on in this store and it is her home base.