Kohl's - I enjoyed working there very much. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"I enjoyed working there very much."

Former Employee - POS Associate in Morristown, TN
Former Employee - POS Associate in Morristown, TN

I worked at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the people, They were good to the employees.

Cons

Just like many large corporations, they begin to want more for less.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. "Good for entry level job"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Grand Blanc, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Grand Blanc, MI

I worked at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When working in retail you get to meet a variety of people. The job is not too stressful, and have flexibility in what you want to do. It is a great starter job for young adults. The longer you work there the more it becomes your family. I haven't worked there in five years and I still greeted and talked to by the employees that still work there. Sometimes it feels like I never left.

Cons

I would say the hours and pay was not good. If you aren't a supervisor or manager you don't have any benefits. The laid back attitude about keeping the customer happy by the yes we can policy and let them run wild in the dressing rooms leaves the store in a complete mess all the time. I did not like the fact they always ran on a skeleton shift and the associates had to scramble to keep up with the cashiers and the sales floor. The one thing that grinded my gears the most is the over expansion of building so many stores each year but can't loosen the budget to pay for their current employees. I was worried they are about to burst and end up like Mervyns, non existent. Also there was that unbreakable paradox of being able to get promoted, act like you are capable of doing the job, but wait you don't have the authority to do the job which your not allowed to do because you don't have that job title.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to really take a look at the company and zero down to each store. There are a lot of improvements in operations that needs to be made. Make sure you take great care of your sales associates because they are on the frontlines day in and day out and they are the ones keeping the corporation alive. The sales associates never seem to get the compensations, appreciation, and respect they deserve. There is lack of communication among associates to corporate and among regions and neighboring stores. I didn't even know corporate truly existed. The logistics in the stockrooms needs a desperate overhaul, it is a nightmare in organization and never know what is actually in the inventory. This creates a bunch of missed sales because for many reasons. There needs to be a system in place where we can find the item and get it out the door onto the sales floor and into customers hands and even beyond that, know what store had has it if we didn't. I know this technology exists because I used it before it was amazing how much better the replenishment and merchandising was. I was shocked when I worked at Kohls and they didn't have it.

2. "Not bad."

Pros

The supervisors are friendly and they are pretty relaxed and nice.

Cons

It is a busy place with customers and shoppers so, for me it was kind of non stop working.

Advice to Management

What you are doing is ok.