Kohl's - If money is what your looking for apply somewhere else. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

"If money is what your looking for apply somewhere else."

Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Flexible work schedule, they are great at getting you time off. Attendance policy is very lien- ate, great benefits for full time, and part time employees.

Cons

Our pay is not competitive, other retail stores start out at at least $1 or more. There is never enough coverage for what needs to be done. They schedule you when ever they feel like it, no consistency what so ever. There has been several times I have closed and than opened. If you don't get credit, it seems management does not treat you well. When you do take time off, it seems your schedule gets really inconsistent, or they tend to dock your hours. There is a cashier girl who comes in hungover everyday, management knows and does nothing about it. She takes 30 minute breaks and an hour and half long lunch. Often times she asks to go home early and gets it off when there are others who have worked their tale off and could go home.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employers with respect. I understand it can be hard to meet everyones needs, but when we lack coverage on the floor and at registers it really does effect our customer service. Please understand that we try as hard we can to get credit, but when customers don't want a card they mean NO. We put up with a lot and it would be nice to see our wages become more competitive.

Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's

1. "Not a very good place to work"

Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Point of Sale Associate in Wichita, KS

Pros

You get a 15% discount off of everything and 30% discount about once a month.

Cons

Very bad pay (minimum wage). You constantly have to sell credit to customers who respond in a very rude pay. Management is worthless. You get several hours when you are first hired, but a month in they will hire more people and your hours will go down. They make you feel bad in front of all of your coworkers when you dont sell enough credit. Too many indians and not enough chiefs.

Advice to Management

Think more about the feelings of the employees you have. Give the employees you have the hours instead of new people all the time.

2. "Decent Job"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Spring, TX

Pros

management easy to get along with, expectations not too high, fun to shop, discounts on top of clearance pricing is awesome.

Cons

upper management would rather hire someone from outside the company to move into management positions than promote from within using the qualified employees they have available. store managers make their decisions without any feedback from assistants being aknowledged.

Advice to Management

no man is an island unto himself... don't place yourselves so far out of reach and out of touch with what is really going on out on the sales floor