Cover image for Kohl's

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good job

Aug 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

short breaks and you can't leave for lunch

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Oct 4, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Store discount and very friendly and respectful workers

Cons

Doesn’t give many hours of work

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Store runs on the backs of 50% of the staff

Sep 6, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are mostly nice people, and there is a strong effort made to have good organizational systems in place for managing a massive inventory.

Cons

Roughly half the staff does just enough work to not get fired, while the other half is pulled from one department or assignment to the other, running around like maniacs in a frantic effort to keep up with the workload. Management moves the useful people around to try to help the store, but doesn't do anything about the lazy people to help the useful people, causing a lot of exhaustion, frustration, and general burnout. This "help the store first and only, never the people" approach increases the pace of turnover, perpetuating a cycle of hiring in such a hurry, a continuous flow of lazy people slips through. Common conversation: Management: Why didn't you get X task done in your department? Staffer: Because I was only in my department for 2 hours out of 8. You had me helping in A, B, and C departments over the course of the day, and I was doubling as a back up cashier for about 3 hours in the middle of all that. Management: You shouldn't have been doing all of it alone. Where were coworkers 1 and 2? Staffer: Good question. All I know for sure is, they weren't cleaning up their departments. The place is a mess. Management proceeds to worry about the mess and the unfinished tasks, without follow up on the staffing side of the problem. Repeat the next day. Also, the "blackout days" around the holiday season, when no requests off are entertained, are roughly 60 days out a 90 day period, which is excessive.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Kohl's.

Kohl's Careers

Cover image for Kohl's

Our Purpose To inspire and empower families to lead fulfilled lives. Employee Value Proposition At Kohl’s, our mission is to inspire and...More

• Who We Are
  • Corporate

Kohl's Photos

+ Add Photo
Kohl's photo of: happy hardware
Kohl's photo of: Women's BRG