Konica Minolta Business Solutions - I will never work for a copier company again! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Konica Minolta Business Solutions

"I will never work for a copier company again!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Staff. Nice, new, shiny machines to work with.

Cons

I was constantly outbid by our own distributors. They could sell the machine for less than the lowest price I was allowed to offer because they bought 80-100 machines at a time and received a huge volume discount. I could not compete on price and really that's all anyone cares about when it comes to copiers. Door to door soliciting in the heat of summer or the freezing winter was pretty awful too. People hated seeing me come in the door. It was downright depressing. It's a VERY unethical industry across the board.

Advice to Management

Take the time to truly solicit honest feedback from the guys and gals on the front lines trying to sell your product, not just the branch managers. Develop a lead bank with information on who may need copiers in the area and let your salespeople have access to it, not just the branch manager who then parcels it out to his favorite employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Konica Minolta Business Solutions

1. "Great Products, Outstanding Quality"

Current Employee - Major Accounts Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Major Accounts Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well built equipment with top of the line security. Great quality output in both B/W and especially Color. Work on a great team where we help each other out to be successful. A lot of the customer base will remain loyal as long as good customer service is provided.

Cons

Base compensation not in line with job description and economy. Good starting place for someone out of college, but not for those with substantial experience. To many internal issues with teams in the same department competing for the same business rather then working together as one team. Direct territory is not protected against dealers coming in and competing against you.

Advice to Management

Move up to the 21st century and let field reps be field reps. To much time in the office doing admin tasks. Field reps are meant to be mobile and in front of the customer and when you constrict them to the office they can't do the job they were hired to do and just become telemarketers.

"Horrible Experience.. Extremely Unprofessional.. Incompetent Management"

Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong Product Line
    KMBS is an internationally recognized company
    Flexibility of schedule... When "allowed"

Cons

Micromanaged by incompetent management
    Corrupt culture
    Extreme Unprofessionalism
    Bullying
    Unresponsive Human Resources Management
    Office Culture
    Personal Growth
    Out of pocket expenses

Advice to Management

Investigate and intervene