Kool Smiles - Love My Job | Glassdoor

"Love My Job"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kool Smiles ensures offices are held to a very high compliance standard for the welfare of the patients and staff. I have never worked for a company that consistantly rewards their staff for hard work. Kool Smiles employees are required to uphold the values of the company which are Integrity, Compassion, Diversity, Fun and Quality and Teamwork and tolerate no less.

Cons

Employees are required to work Saturdays.

Other Employee Reviews for Kool Smiles

1. "A Place Called Home"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kool Smiles has an incredible mission and it is felt as the heart beat of this company is to serve the underserved communites of America. I left a robust and promising career of more than 23 years in retail to join this team because of their values. It never ceases to amaze me that, despite oppostion, the mandate to rescue children in failing oral health and their familes lives strong. I feel like I have made a difference each day that I leave. It is very exciting to work for a growing company and this is a place you can call home!

Cons

With being a growing company, at times, there is the expected turbulance of out growing a particular process or equipment or building. With that said, leadership is quick to navigate us through these challenges providing insightful solutions and support.

Advice to Management

Keep the course and Smile On.

2. "Not as good as it used to be"

I have been working at Kool Smiles (More than 3 years)

Pros

Making a difference in under served children's lives. Providing treatment to patients that no one else wants to see. SOME of the people I work with are great.

Cons

No possibility for advancement. No training offered to enhance job performance. Unrealistic goals set. Micromanaged even in higher more responsible positions. No open door polices. Direct manager does not provide support, makes you feel like you are bothering them when you ask questions or bring issues to the table. No freedom to express yourself. No good job recognition (in corporate office), your never told you do good work, only told when you make a mistake, and that is quickly. It feels like a job you have to have instead of a job you love to have.

Advice to Management

Take time to encourage your employees. Recognize them for the good work they do. Make yourself available for any issues that the employee brings to you, and honestly help them.