Kool Smiles - Work at a Company with a Purpose | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kool Smiles

"Work at a Company with a Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at various companies throughout the years, software, travel, training, technology, professional services, etc. Most of the time your company is in a business that is providing a product or service but that product or service is not assisting in helping improve the lives of others. However, if you work at Kool Smiles you know your Company is providing a service that helps communities throughout the US. The access to dental care in a lot of the communities that KS serves is minimal or non-existant for those that need it the most. I've seen the lives that this Company has touched and to be able to work with an organization like that is fulfilling.

Cons

Working here is not like working in an "ordinary" dental clinic. It can be difficult at times but the good things in life don't come easy. If you believe in the values of the Company, and believe you are serving the greater good, the pros outweigh the cons that you may have to encounter on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and expand, expand, expand.

Other Employee Reviews for Kool Smiles

1. "Finally a company that does the right thing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time

Pros

If my job at Kool Smiles wasn't so rewarding, I would never be so motivated to work this hard. In the last year, this company has really listened to patients and employees and is making successful strides for constant improvement. I am thankful that I am part of company that does the right thing, even when no one is looking!

Cons

Morale has lacked in the past but now with the right leaders in place, I think the problem has turned around & will only improve. It is unfortunate a few bad people are trying to tarnish the Kool Smiles name recently but those people should beware - that is only going to make our family work harder to prove you wrong!

Advice to Management

Please lose the last few in corporate management that don't have our great mission in their hearts, despite how enticing their resumes may seem. KS will go even further with those "leaders" left behind.

2. "Kool Smiles Review"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with kids!! The pay and benefits are really good. I like working with lots of different kinds of people. The place is nice and clean.

Cons

The Dentists and RDH's do not have any control over their schedule, so sometimes it is way too many patients to handle.

Advice to Management

Even if you have not ever worked in dental before, treat all staff just like you want to be treated. You can not overload the schedule to make your goals and forget that real humans work here and can not always work through lunch and stay late. We all have families and a life outside of work.