Kool Smiles - Good people, bad support from corporate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kool Smiles

"Good people, bad support from corporate"

Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Anderson, SC
Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Anderson, SC

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The local offices were great. I enjoyed working with the dentists, office staff, and managers everyday. The work is really meaningful.

Cons

Corporate was rarely helpful. They always pushed numbers, but wanted it to be about the patient experience. I was getting directives from across the country instead of the manager who was in my office. The call center is terrible.

Advice to Management

Give more power back to management. The call center needs to go, it makes customers mad all the time. I spent more time apologizing for the call center then I did anything else for the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Kool Smiles

1. "Great Place for Helping Your Community"

Current Employee - Community Relations Specialist in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Community Relations Specialist in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, good pay, fun work enviorment, nice fellow employees, and a sense of satisfaction knowing you are helping your city.

Cons

New company, constantly Chaninging. Sometimes you get use to a new way of doing something and all of the sudden it changes. Very strict with health compliance and it causes some headaches for team but is good for the patient.

"Work at a Company with a Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at various companies throughout the years, software, travel, training, technology, professional services, etc. Most of the time your company is in a business that is providing a product or service but that product or service is not assisting in helping improve the lives of others. However, if you work at Kool Smiles you know your Company is providing a service that helps communities throughout the US. The access to dental care in a lot of the communities that KS serves is minimal or non-existant for those that need it the most. I've seen the lives that this Company has touched and to be able to work with an organization like that is fulfilling.

Cons

Working here is not like working in an "ordinary" dental clinic. It can be difficult at times but the good things in life don't come easy. If you believe in the values of the Company, and believe you are serving the greater good, the pros outweigh the cons that you may have to encounter on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and expand, expand, expand.