Kraft Heinz Company - Who you know | Glassdoor

"Who you know"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic work environment, aggressive pay for recent grads,

Cons

Long hours, not much recognition for a job well done, advancement is based upon who you know and not what you know,

Advice to Management

Promotion should be merit based and not a popularity contest, managers need to recognize employee worth and encourage development

Other Employee Reviews for Kraft Heinz Company

"Difficult"

Former Intern - Engineer in South Sumter, SC
    Former Intern - Engineer in South Sumter, SC

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience to see a high speed manufacturing facility

Cons

No guidance for new hires, poor management organization

Advice to Management

Be prepared for the new generation of hires

"Leaving Heinz was the 2nd happiest day of my life....."

Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Next to getting married, I never felt so happy or free than the day last month when I walked out of the 57 Center door for the last time. It was liberating.

I had many good years at Heinz before new leadership and a new culture engulfed the company. Heinz had many great brands with so much potential. Heinz remains a large force with growing brands overseas and in emerging markets like Indonesia, China, Russia, etc.

Most of the top talent is gone but there are still some decent managers and ABMs

Cons

Working at Heinz the past 24 months has been like prison for me. I got no respect, my team got no respect, worklife balance was dismal, and the culture should be a case study for what not to be. New leaders have gutted a once fine company and left it with nothing but political narcissistic leaders who are only into themselves and power. There is no diversity and Heinz actualy seems to dislike anyone other than white men. Particularly blacks, hispanics and gays seem clearly unwelcomed.

The once great marketing leadership team is gone and replaced by less them stellar talent and people that would not survive in good CPG companies . The new leadership has lost control and lost Heinz all together. Human Resources is a joke and they don't even understand basic policies like harassment (had a huge mess here this past year). Sales leadership was once the backbone of Heinz and is now the weakness. The board has little care for people and really only care about themselves and their power. It is a sad situation.

Advice to Management

Abandon the leadership that is failing this company and hire an American CEO that knows the market and how to treat people.