Kraft Heinz Company - Great first internship | Glassdoor

"Great first internship"

Pros

Great people who really care about your success
I interned as a high school student and management really went out of their way to include and expose me to their work

Cons

I was an unpaid intern, and spent ~40% of my time doing somewhat menial tasks. There was a lot of counting inventory and other tasks that don't really require any real skills.

Other Employee Reviews for Kraft Heinz Company

"Terrible, PLEASE don't work here and listen to glassdoor.com"

Pros

None, this company is terrible. Please please do not accept a job here, I did not listen to glassdoor.com when I accepted a job offer. It was the biggest mistake of my life.

Cons

How do I start?

1. The people are idiots, have tons of meetings don't know what they are doing half the time
    2. No respect
    3. Half of the people do NOT do any work

Just a terrible terrible place, I dread waking up every morning and going to work.

Advice to Management

Lay off 50% of the people.

"A new culture emerges as Kraft splits from Mondelēz International"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people at Kraft are great to work with and the pay/vacation time is competitive. You also learn a lot while running one of the biggest food companies in the world, from product creation all the way to getting the product on the shelf. Also, the company has moved to an open work space environment (no individual offices from CEO down), bringing down barriers between groups.

Cons

After the company split Kraft has put their focus on having a "Lean" structure, which has resulted in employees doing two-three different jobs. This along with a large amount of people leaving because of retirement has put a lot of pressure on many areas of the company to produce more with less. Also, Middle management needs to improve their people managing skills, as many people I know have left because their manager did not set them up to succeed or set clear goals for their employees.

Advice to Management

Improve the training of your managers and hold them accountable for developing talent within the organization. Additionally, there needs to be a focus on fewer but better items throughout each area of the organization, as there is too much clutter taking time away from more important goals.