Krispy Kreme - It's ok other than there is no advancement unless you are family. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Krispy Kreme

"It's ok other than there is no advancement unless you are family."

Current Employee - Front End Retail in Hoover, AL
Current Employee - Front End Retail in Hoover, AL

Pros

I love the product. You can make people very happy. I really love working with people.

Cons

No consistancy in the rules. If you are not related you go nowhere and don't get regular raises. The insurance now is the worst ever. I have been there a long time and keep seeing children become supervisors and fail.

Advice to Management

When you make a rule stand behind it , don't change it for convenience. Give better opportunities to daytime employees. No-one seems to care about certain quality issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Krispy Kreme

"Relieved to be a former employee."

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

Having a paycheck in this deep recession we're in.

Cons

No career growth, unprofessional director(s)

Advice to Management

Establish an employee system wherein departmental issues can be resolved in a timely manner. Currently, rules are not being inforced and employee morale is suffering as a result. Only a couple departments promote internally, finance isn't one of them.

"Krispy Kreme - HSRG review"

Former Employee - Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Lubbock, TX

Pros

You get to eat all the doughnuts you want. The hours are not too terrible for a restaurant. For being in the food service industry it is a relatively easy place to work.

Cons

When things break it is a pain in the a$$. There is no established training procedures for new employees or if there are they are disregarded completely/not made available to management which can make new employees feel a little overwhelmed at first.

Advice to Management

Well for our franchise store the in store leadership was great. I feel that the corporate leadership could have used a little more direction in the things they were trying to achieve through our store.