Kroger - A great company working at its best pace to grow for the future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"A great company working at its best pace to grow for the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

Forward thinking, if not always forward executing, company with a positive atmosphere providing excellent benefits and opportunities for advance.

Cons

This is a company which is trying to to gear itself to be a company of the future, working in the present with tools from the past. One of the pros *and* cons of the company is the longevity of many employees, both shows loyalty by workforce and a stagnant state of mind when it comes to being agents for change.

Advice to Management

Adopting change is difficult holistically but as leadership ages forward and the workforce brings on newer generations of employees, providing opportunities for new idea transitioning and adopting new technologies is imperative.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "Not the best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Pros

Flexible scheduleing with school schedules

Cons

Poor promotion practices within company

"I despise my job every single day, yes, even my off days."

Current Employee - Warehouse in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Memphis, TN

Pros

Steady job. The food industry is a safe line of work - Just think, everyone needs to eat! Job security.
    Great business plan
    Corporate strategy is well planned
    Significant market share
    The place has gotten better since I've been there (not implying that I, personally, made the difference)

Cons

Management is incompetent and dishonest/disrespectful to each other as well as employees
    Little/Poor training
    The hours are brutal
    Forget about balancing work and life schedules!
    Vacation must be taken a full week at a time - 2 weeks a year until you've been there 5 years
    If your mom dies, expect to get written up for missing a day - cause you won't be allowed to take the day off (unless it happens to fall during one of your weeks off)
    Irrational expectations - want you to do everything, but not give you the necessary resources
    Significant turnover, both in supervision and warehouse personnel - Surprised?
    It is OK to cuss out your supervisor, everybody does it! - Very unprofessional environment

Advice to Management

You've got a lot of work to do to get this place in order. GOOD LUCK! I have been to other Kroger Distribution Centers and this is by far the worst-managed establishment. I really like what I do, but I have chosen to do it elsewhere!