Kroger - Not bad for a part time job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Not bad for a part time job"

Former Employee - Cashier in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Cashier in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent if you have prior experience. I started at 8.40 an hour (over $1 more than min wage). Working in a small store is nice because you can get to know the regular customers.

Cons

Hours sucked, they never had enough people working so I would regularly be requested to stay over or come in early to cover other peoples shifts- and they really guilt trip you about saying no.

Advice to Management

Schedule more people!

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

"Could be a lot better."

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Kroger part-time

Pros

Pay was better than another place I worked. Hired me immediately after the business I worked at previously closed down. They told me I would receive at least 20 hours a week and I usually received more than that. Most customers and coworkers were nice and easy to get along with. Were reasonable about scheduling days off.

Cons

They were extremely unclear about whether they were firing me or laying me off. They made me feel as if I was in the wrong for going to the hospital after a car accident on my way to work, counting it against me and eventually causing me to lose my job with them. On several occasions, I had a few managers get upset with me when a line of customers would form at the counter (my coworker usually assured me that she could handle them) and tell me that I needed to stop what I was doing and help the customers without first washing my hands and changing my apron after using cleaning supplies. Some managers would get upset with us about not keeping the deli open till we were scheduled to leave, but would then get more upset that we weren't leaving on time because we had to finish our cleaning after close.

Advice to Management

Teach your managers proper food safety codes. It's a bit ridiculous to be told that I am not allowed to wash my hands and apron before helping customers after handling chemicals that could potentially get on their food and make them sick. Also consider that making someone feel as if it was wrong to go to a hospital after getting into a car accident is completely unacceptable.

"Poor to average"

Former Employee - Meat Clerk in Dundee, MI
    Former Employee - Meat Clerk in Dundee, MI

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, somewhat relaxed atmorsphere.

Cons

Little pay/benefits and not appreciated

Advice to Management

None