Kroger - Fun place to work | Glassdoor

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Cashier in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Plano, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet lots of people (customers and coworkers), average pay, potential opportunities once I graduate from college.

Cons

Pay could be better today.

Advice to Management

Offer benefits if applicable to long term, part time employees who stay on board from high school to college, etc. Ex. Tuition Reimbursement.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "I have worked for Kroger Pharmacy for over 3 years now at several locations and do not feel adequately appreciated."

Current Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount and on sale items are fantastic and you meet all sorts of different people - they are very diversified.

Cons

As a register pharmacy technician you must fill the positions of both front-end cashier and that of a healthcare professional. Customers are generally unappreciative of the how much extra effort you must put in to ensure top quality healthcare in a sometimes understaffed environment.

Advice to Management

Pay the pharmacy technicians more - they have to deal with all the cashier level issues that arise, as well as the healthcare side of business. We are responsible for the privacy and quality of life of our customers, and we have to catch Dr. errors on prescriptions as well as looking out of the health and well-being of our patients. We are the bridge between patient, doctor, and insurance company and it is our responsibility to correct errors along the process and catch mistakes before the patient begins therapy. We are the medical profession's last line of defense against addicts, forgeries, misfilled prescriptions and improper therapy. Every position in the pharmacy is responsible for this and when you add grocery cashier to the job description $9.15 in GA is not enough.

"Your typical retail/food service workplace, it is what it is."

Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Deli Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on where you are hired in the stores your schedule can be pretty flexible. The benefits are decent compared to similar jobs, but are unfortunately getting worse with every contract renewal with the local Union.

Cons

In order for customers to come first, the employee needs to come first. Very sales driven company. To the point where the customer is always right even when completely wrong.

Advice to Management

There's been a lot of drama and suspicious activities within the upper management crowd and that stuff trickles down to the employees setting a bad example. I feel that this hinders their ability to enforce workplace regulations and maintain order.