Kroger - Pretty satisfied | Glassdoor

"Pretty satisfied"

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Saint Marys, OH
Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Saint Marys, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount, good managers (at my store), good co-workers, ability to move up, union company

Cons

Key retailing, not enough manpower, getting called up to the register several times when I'm the only one in the department

Advice to Management

Ditch the key retailing, better salaries

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "The job was okay but not something you want to make a into career."

Current Employee - Cashier in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over all the fellow employees are enjoyable to work with and we do have some customers I genuinely enjoy helping.

Cons

Management will take advantage of you often, the hours are all over the place and inconsistent, and there is very little accountability for anyone when don't their job(i.e. people wandering off from their stations to talk or do nothing).

Advice to Management

The company really needs to add a way to punish employees that shirk their responsibilities and to reward those that work hard and do their jobs well.

2. "Good pharmacy to work for. Cost containment and roll verification of supervisor."

Former Employee - Co-Manager, Floater in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Co-Manager, Floater in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kroger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The immediate pharmacy staff members all work together for their company, Kroger and each other’s common good. This involves 97% of your work activities. Most of the customer-patients understand being understaffed and appreciate your efforts. Store management generally lets you do your job. The company seems stable and progressive.

Cons

Pharmacist area supervisors are only interested in whether you are useful to them or not. Their greatest concern is to silently maintain the status quo rather than point out excellence.
    They also have to many assistants to do their jobs. It is not cheaper to silence problems when people’s lives are at stake.
    They unilaterally reduce compensation for mileage and refuse to contribute enough subordinate staff to accomplish the day’s work in a day. The pharmacist supervisors deny overtime compensation.

Advice to Management

Reduce the size of your pharmacy supervisor staff. Assign each supervisor a single store each year and require 25% of their time done dispensing. These pharmacist supervisors are not interested in Kroger’s best interest like the pharmacy staff are. Scheduling is already being done by non-pharmacist staff so their position is questionable at best. I say this as a shareholder.Reduce the size of your pharmacy supervisor staff. Assign each supervisor a single store each year and require 25% of their time done dispensing. These pharmacist supervisors are not interested in Kroger’s best interest like the pharmacy staff are. Scheduling is already being done by non-pharmacist staff so their position is questionable at best. I say this as a shareholder as well.