Kroger - Unbelievable stress | Glassdoor

"Unbelievable stress"

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Co-Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kroger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people! and the customers!

Cons

work weekends, lots of nights until midnight, almost all holidays. very stressful to work there. Lack of respect for their employees.

Advice to Management

You have forgotten the core values and how to treat your associates. This will eventually bleed into your customer service.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "Find another job don't even waste your time"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Memphis, TN

I worked at Kroger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting paid every week that's it

Cons

No set schedule, management not standing up for employees, no restrooms close to registers, no refrigerators at my location for lunches, thumb print readers don't work properly

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, actually help when needed, upper management talking to employess not just when they need something, make set schedules, monitor people that aren't working during there shift and actually give it to someone that wants it and will work

2. "I get to know a lot of really neat people, it's a great environment for meeting someone new."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hurricane, WV

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the employees that I work with daily. We have a lot of really nice customers that enjoy Kroger. Double coupons up to .50 cents. good job to collect experience for the future. Flexible scheduling, and personable management.

Cons

The work is tedious, my back always hurts, and I've gotten a heel spur because of the cement flooring. Lunch is only 30 minutes, wish it was an hour. Pay isn't very good. late shifts then scheduled early shifts, my biological clock is all messed up. Not enough employees scheduled throughout the day. Stressful.

Advice to Management

Our store is suffering from the lack of employment on the Front End of the store. Please provide us with more help, and we will work harder than ever without giving a fight.