Kroger - Challenging satisfying long term employment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Challenging satisfying long term employment"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Hutchinson, KS
Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Hutchinson, KS

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at Kroger for almost 10 years and have found it to be very satisying and challenging. I feel I have been rewarded well for what I have been able to accomplish.

Cons

The work hours can be long with minimal staff support and high expectations of output. There is ongoing pressure to do more with the same or less staff.

Advice to Management

Try to ensure the work/life balance is maintained for all employees, and those who put in the time and perform above average are fairly rewarded

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "Pretty good"

Current Employee - Cashier in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly, great benefits, employee discount, flexible schedule; good work environment, great people to work with, great products in the storre

Cons

Not enough hours unless you're full time; break time could stand to be longer; employee discount could be higher;

Advice to Management

Provide more hours for cashiers

2. "Kroger is a good first time job"

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the hours I was given, I enjoyed the people I got to meet, and that includes coworkers and customers. My managers and supervisors were nice, and helpful, especially when coworkers would take advantage of situations.

Cons

Pay, promises not followed through when I was "promoted", felt there were too many politics involved with trying to move up in the company, and even with dedication and hard word, I wasn't recognized, and others who had less experience were promoted before me even though I was told I was "on the list".

Advice to Management

Be more empathetic to situations, be more understanding and more leadership like in critism than having a "boss" air. You're no better than your employee's, and scaring them into doing things, instead of wanting to help them thrive, is something that should be worked on.