Kroger - Very sales oriented and strict buisness | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Very sales oriented and strict buisness"

Former Employee - Scan Coordinator in Savannah, GA
Former Employee - Scan Coordinator in Savannah, GA

I worked at Kroger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to move up with, If you work hard and are dependable. I worked in all areas and the employees was like my second family. I worked there for 11 years and in the time I worked there it was very fun at times as long as you got your job done and took care of the customers first

Cons

It was union based and if you joined the union you had to pay dues, if you didn't join the union your job was not that secure

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "Its good, just not enough pay."

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Little Elm, TX
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Little Elm, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at the Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas because it is a friendly work environment, and my co-workers are very friendly.

Cons

The down side to working at Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas is that they are not very flexible and the pay is not very good.

Advice to Management

pay raise

2. "Not payed enough relative to other retail pharmacies."

Current Employee - P2 Pharmacy Intern in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - P2 Pharmacy Intern in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After looking for a job as a 2nd year Pharmacy Intern for 3 months, finally I got lucky and got hired by Krogger. I like the fact that the schedule is so flexible and I can work only about 10-15 hours a week. My bosses are excellent, they are buying lunch every time we work on weekends. The owners of Krogger are also the owners of Fred Myer stores, which I really like.

Cons

The initial computer training ( for orientation) took 7.5 hours to complete!! I really wish they pay interns as much as Wallgreens, Target or CVS does.

Advice to Management

Please don't have unrealistic expectations about the time it takes to safely fill a prescription. Make up your mind: do you want quality or quantity. If you want both, then reduce the number of prescriptions we need to finish in time in order to get points for our store, so that the pharmacist has some time for counseling as well!. Thank you.