Kroger - Kroger Pharmacist | Glassdoor

"Kroger Pharmacist"

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pharmacist are paid very well. However, central indiana pharmacy zone managers are unethical, lie and will do anything to get their bonus. They tell tell the pharmacist whatever it takes to pacify and let the problem subside. They hire anyone with a license and tell them they will float for awhile. ALSO, the "floater" pharmacist are paid less than the staff pharmacist and perform the same responsibilities.

Cons

Not enough technician help! Always short, many mornings of opening the pharmacy without a technician until 11 AM or having my last technician leave at 7 pm (open until 9 pm). However, that pro of great pay comes with the con of other benefits decreased to make the pay scale look fabulous. So it is actually all a check and balance. And Kroger does make sure they get their money worth.

Advice to Management

Kroger pharmacy,central Indiana, zone managers are unethical. There were many situations I have been put into which I had no support eg:giving prescription coupons to patients on medicare or other federal funded programs. My zone manager very angerly stated "just keep the customer happy"! So, no ethics about breaking the law, just shut the customer up and get them out. SERIOUSLY? Basically, its the same complaint about the silly gas points Kroger "rewards" the public with for shopping at Kroger. And then there are the silly little games the technicians play evaluating floater pharmacist. The Zone managers promote the silly little games and then wants to hold a pharmacist accountable for not running over to wait on a customer, while they are performing a prescripiiton verification, and the technicans are standing off to the side talking about the latest and greatest thing that happened last weekend or bashing their co-workers not in the pharamacy. Games which should not be promoted by management, they sould be STOPPED in the work force!

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "Good during high school and college."

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good, positive working environment that is enjoyable for the most part.

Cons

Incremental raises can be laughable after being there a few years.

Advice to Management

Union contracts should pay more.

2. "The store itself isn't bad, but the customers will get to you"

Current Employee - Cashier in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, they're flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Kroger spends SO much time bending over backwards to suck up to their customers that they've grown accustomed to being wined and dined ( At least my store). This causes customers to literally throw a fit when there isn't a bagger on a lane ("I have to bag my own grocceries? REALLY?") or if an item rings up higher than normal because they haven't presented their 'Plus' card yet ("UH excuse me, this rang up wrong, that means I get it for free now") The examples go on and on.
    The supervisors will swoop in the moment you begin a conversation during downtime (believe me, there is plenty of downtime in the middle of the week) and tell you to break it up and stand out on "cashier alert" (which consists entirely of standing at the end of your lane and waiting silently for a customer) Meanwhile, they stand in their 4-person huddle and laugh and joke all day, regardless of how busy we are, and regardless of the fact that we could actually use their help on the floor.

The will constantly change the schedule without telling you, and then punish you when you don't show up for the correct shift.

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of your staff. PLEASE.