Kroger - Some really great people but mid to C-level IT management lacks direction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Some really great people but mid to C-level IT management lacks direction"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Blue Ash, OH
Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Blue Ash, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, some really excellent software architects and engineers. CEO seems very nice and most people like him.

Cons

Heavy processes stifle innovation and productivity. Senior IT management lacks focus and mid-level management seems to often fall-in and rarely challenges questionable decisions from the top.

Advice to Management

Continue to attract and retain software craftsmen to build and architect software solutions and allow their passion and experience to lead the IT team towards faster agile processes, better integration, and higher quality.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "A great job for my first job."

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Allen, TX

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Increases your experiences with people skills.

Cons

Possibly psychically damaging to the body.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I would say, as long as there is a union going on between each employee and the manager, then you indeed are in a good business foundation.

"For anyone re-entering the workforce, you could do A LOT worse than Kroger."

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Department heads and managers at the store are not just skilled at their jobs; they're also hard-working, congenial, and downright fun to work with. I've learned new things from each one of them, and I can trust them to have my back if I need help with something. And while we have occasionally had people enter the Dairy department who wanted to coast along, the majority of people who enter the position are well-motivated and willing to work as a team to complete tasks

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between upper management back at the corporate office and the stores they're responsible for. Many of the problems that have occured at my job have been a result of poor planning by corporate or a poor understanding of what we need in order to work effectively.

Advice to Management

You've instituted many great policies in the past to improve performance, but many of the policies you've put in the past lately have been short-sighted. If you can figure out why that has been happening and fix it, you'll have better sales and both employee and customer satisfaction.