Kroger - Your computerized scores do not reflect our dedication. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Your computerized scores do not reflect our dedication."

Current Employee - ACSM in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - ACSM in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At my store, we are like a family. There are many opportunities for moving up. Every one tries to work together as much as possible.

Cons

Continuous cutting of hours hinders the store from providing World Class service to our customers. There are many occasions that there are simply not enough bodies in the entire store to cover the registers needed open or sackers needed to get carts or customer service people to wait on customers at the desk. Meanwhile, shelves are left understocked and customers needing assistance in other departments are left to fend for themselves.

Advice to Management

Judging human performance by simply looking at a graph is unacceptable. There are many of us who are totally committed to our careers and go above and beyond for this company not to be condemned for getting low scores. There has to be understanding that we ARE just human and that there are always going to be circumstances that will keep us from hitting that goal. Cutting back hours does not help. We have experimented and know that even with just a little more hours added to the store, we are able to hit these goals and we are able to keep the shelves stocked and we ARE able to provide World Class service to ALL of our customers. It is simple logic: having enough help reduces stress levels on employees enabling them to focus on fast, friendly service. Until this is realized, the we will not achieve our goal of providing the World Class service our customers deserve.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "not a bad first job"

Former Employee - General Clerk in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - General Clerk in Katy, TX

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible scheduling and time off requests. work was very regular and knew when my shift would end without exception and did not feel frustrated that I was still there at work

Cons

only a dime raise in over a year, but held a lot more responsibility with position. Even though I had more mobile freedom, I had to deal with restrooms and trash all day and came home smelling bad.

Advice to Management

pay the employees more to reduce negative common sentiment towards the entire company. Some managers were terrible to work with and they just did not respect the empoyees

2. "I completely love the Kroger Company. We have great prices and great customers!"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fuquay-Varina, NC
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fuquay-Varina, NC

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good store discounts on top of already low prices! Great company get-togethers and incentives for hitting store goals. Christmas, birthday and anniversary gifts from the company shows they care! Great co-workers and management!

Cons

Because I work in the Pharmacy, I don't get to communicate with the front end associates and sometimes I feel left out. I know I get paid a lot less than some of my peers, as well. I am truly only working this job for the experience because I am starting Pharmacy School!