Kroger - I completely love the Kroger Company. We have great prices and great customers! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"I completely love the Kroger Company. We have great prices and great customers!"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fuquay-Varina, NC
Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fuquay-Varina, NC

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good store discounts on top of already low prices! Great company get-togethers and incentives for hitting store goals. Christmas, birthday and anniversary gifts from the company shows they care! Great co-workers and management!

Cons

Because I work in the Pharmacy, I don't get to communicate with the front end associates and sometimes I feel left out. I know I get paid a lot less than some of my peers, as well. I am truly only working this job for the experience because I am starting Pharmacy School!

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

"Great Starter Job for Students"

Former Employee - Night Cashier in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Night Cashier in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is outstanding where I worked, and did everything they could to help me. This company is great for students because of the flexible hours and student benefits like tuition assistance.

Cons

Due to the high number of associates, it's extremely difficult to move from a part-time position to a full-time one. Upper management loves to micromanage each store and "fix what isn't broken", if you will. The pay could be better, but what else would expect from a supermarket?

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and let the stores govern themselves as long as goals are being met.

"file maintenance clerk boring job"

Former Employee - File Maintenance Clerk
    Former Employee - File Maintenance Clerk

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

it was a temporary job

Cons

management is rude and has no idea what they're doing.company had unions that made it impossible to be paid for actual experience