Kroger - Not a bad place to work as a student. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Not a bad place to work as a student."

Pros

Very flexible scheduling, pay raises, paid vacation, I like most of the people I work with

Cons

Not enough pay for what you do and corporate expects way too much from their employees.

Advice to Management

Store management is fine, but corporate and district offices expect everything to be done perfectly and with low wages for employees it is hard to do the job that you do.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

"Kroger is for old people and kids in high school."

Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kroger is a good choice for your first job.

Cons

Very bad pay and raises. Not to many opportunities for advancement.

"Not enough training and limited staff to help things run smoothly."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Kroger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff and my supervisor was really nice. Got consistent full-time hours.

Cons

Not enough training AT ALL. Especially for being a pharmacy technician. Learning to read and process prescriptions is difficult and more training is needed. Insurance issues are hard to deal with as well and some more training in this area would have been helpful too. Also, we never had enough staff scheduled to keep up with tasks. We usually were 2-3 hours behind on the filling schedule almost EVERYDAY!!! If the schedule was up to the pharmacy manager she would have gladly hired more people and scheduled enough hours. But hours for the departments are determined by upper management, so we often did not have enough people to make things run smoothly. We often were upset because were not able to provide good customer service thanks to our limited hours/labor.

Also, when I became pregnant I was pretty sick the first trimester. So naturally I had to slow down a bit (because of the persistent nausea, dizziness, fatigue). Some staff members and upper management were not very understanding (i.e. still expected me to keep up with the work load even though I was not psychically able) and I eventually dropped down to part time because I was becoming too stressed. I finally quit about month later because it still was not worth the stress for the amount of pay I was receiving.

Advice to Management

Please give enough hours to the pharmacy!!! The pharmacy is not like other departments. You need to have more hours devoted to this area so that these good, hardworking people can do their jobs properly. Also, provide more extensive training for technicians. There is much more information that is needed to be learned than in other departments.