Kroger - I've enjoyed my 6 years experience with Kroger. I've been able to grow as an individual and make connections. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"I've enjoyed my 6 years experience with Kroger. I've been able to grow as an individual and make connections."

Current Employee - Florist in Carrollton, GA
Current Employee - Florist in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kroger will work with you no matter your situation, especially if you are in college. They will allow you to leave and come back as needed, and they will hire you as priority before hiring brand new employees. The Kroger company gives you an opportunity to grow and expand your communications as an individual. With my experience I was able to find my passion with the floral department, and I love going to work. Kroger is a wonderful company to work with.

Cons

The only possible downside to working for Kroger would be your coworkers. This is not at every store, or even in every department, but with my experience there are some people who will not do their job to their full potential. I have really only witnessed this with the front end of the store and with the younger employees. Some of them do not understand that they are part of a team and if they do not follow through with their job the other employees and, most importantly, the customers will not be happy.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to have a more in depth hiring process. To really question the potential new employees on their work ethic, especially the younger employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "Outstanding work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palestine, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palestine, TX

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get a chance at better hours

Cons

Hard sometimes to get to full time....actual hours may vary.

2. "First Job maybe"

Pros

Good first job as a teenager hires at 14 if your lucky min wage.

Cons

trying to get promoted to like clerk or grocery is easy getting any higher just a little is almost impossible. same as full time