Kroger - Working for one of the banner companies of Kroger | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Working for one of the banner companies of Kroger"

Current Employee - Front End Associate
Current Employee - Front End Associate

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pays the bills and not much after that. Co-workers make it interesting most days. The reason I went back to school is seeing how this company is going down hill for the last few years and I don't see a change any time soon.

Cons

The communication between employee and manager is little or no effort from the manager side. Asking questions to a manager for customers is like pulling teeth on a dead horse. The management teams that work at the store of my employment makes employees make the call and make the customer happy. If you have a family emergency like one of my co-workers the other day that lost his parent good luck on getting time off for the funeral because to them sales of the store are number one, treating employees like dirt two, not caring about the customers three, and that's just the start. Until I find a better job I'm stuck in a nightmare that just keeps getting worst by the day.

Advice to Management

Learn how to become ethical I know most mangers that are currently work there care about one thing and it's not the customer or the employee it's all about the upper management that comes visit the store. In the values of Kroger it states that I get what I want plus a little more and I want to return. Maybe management needs to rewrite this and says I don't care what customers want or employees needs I'm just looking for my own good job reward from upper management. Take pride in your job you are their for the customer not for upper management because remember this a customer pays your salary for the products they buy in the store not some top dog that doesn't even shop at the store. Just remember that Jon Flora is just a man not a GOD!

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

"Thankfully I've moved on everyday."

Former Employee - Clerk in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Clerk in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Kroger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

On your feet moving for 8 hours, kept me full of energy and in great shape.

Cons

Management has come and gone over the years. Many have taken out their frustrations on employees. most people don't care, and it's hard to when the company overlooks people who have been there for years. Eventually you give up on trying to move up, because it's very hard to ethically without devoting your life in an unhealthy way (see frustrated managers, that don't stick around).

Advice to Management

The problem goes far and above management. Learn from companies that raise the bar instead of trying to be Wal-mart Jr.

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Portsmouth, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Portsmouth, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexable work hours, health insurance, yearly raises, proper training in all areas of the store, possible chance for advancement 401K, stock match

Cons

can be long work hours, short of help, problems with customers,

Advice to Management

no advice