Kroger - Would never leave them for another retail company, lets put it that way | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Would never leave them for another retail company, lets put it that way"

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They're a progressive company if you're in one of the regions that is experiencing growth. They're open minded. If Walmart is the worst of retail, Kroger Marketplaces are the best of retail. Extensive and well paid for training (again, if in the proper regions).

Cons

You really need to be working at one of the Kroger Marketplaces to understand how well Kroger will shine ten years from now. If you're living in a place with slow economic growth relative to the national economic recovery averages and you're not working at a Marketplace .. if those are both checks for you .. then you may not see how Kroger is any better than any other retail company. This is both Kroger's strength & weakness - they're willingness to experiment and innovate - for those left behind it's not so great, but for those able to get in on the cutting edge .. it's better than any other retail experience one could have. Are there cases where I'm wrong? Have I seen people fired improperly? Perhaps. But for the most part - everyone at a Kroger Marketplace actually enjoys being there. There are always ups and downs. I would argue most people who don't get the hours they want are not getting them because of availability or a lack of arguing for them.

Advice to Management

In the long run - Kroger is likely trying to extract itself from it's entanglements with unions. As this process evolves in right to work states, it will be very important and increasingly so over time for management to build a great working relationship with their employees. I'm not comfortable elaborating on what all of that means because I've not gained enough management experience myself - and essentially every manager I know at my Kroger Marketplace knows what this idea means.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

1. "satisfactory"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Union contract offers exceptional medical, dental and vision coverage

Cons

People are not held accountable for performance. Union store--slackers are protected.

2. "You would get treated better at guantanamo bay prison"

Current Employee - Very Were in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Very Were in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Kroger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE 80% of the people are part time and come to work hungry and have NO health care I could not help all the people that needed help it bad when people steal your lunch.

Cons

Managers have NO people skills they lie cheat or what ever it take to look good department heads are not trained right and don't have any ideal how to use the hand held RF unit they don't what your input on how to make it better just get it up and out don't care about the customers just keep your head down and work be mean as you can to your coworkers. I cant even work now because of how bad I was treated at Kroger if there a Hell On earth its at Kroger

Advice to Management

YOU get what you give out unhappy workers make very poor workers and people can only do so much one good worker cant do it all learn to be kind because one day you will find yourself were you don't what to be you have to earn the trust and respect of others and you need to be building your people up and not braking them down.