Kroger - Okay experience, but my location doesn't care much about their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Okay experience, but my location doesn't care much about their employees."

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice part time hours and you get a lot of experience dealing with people. And nice place for career advancement. I always shop here and love the stores.

Cons

The pay sucks. Five cents above min. wage. When they want you to work, you must work. You're not a human, you're a robot. Even if you're a part-time employee, they don't care if you have a second job, Kroger wants you there when they want you there or they're ready to fire you. They always stress that the customer is so important. If the mgr at my store cared so much about his customers, he'd give his cashiers enough courtesy clerks to help out with customers who have a lot of items. I have to leave my customer standing there while I start bagging tons of groceries and it slows down the process of getting customers in and out of the store.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers who know how to schedule people properly. And they fired this new girl because she wanted to go to her closest cousin's college graduation on a Saturday, she had already told our front end supervisor in time. He didn't care and said she must be at work anyway. So the store mgr told her either she shows up or he's firing her. She chose to go to her cousin's college graduation. It's not like she was going to a piano recital. It was important. But they do that to a lot of employees and they threaten you with firing if you don't do what they want when they want. It's just a $7.30/hr check anyway.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

"Kroger is a great company to work for and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to be employed there."

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Douglasville, GA
    Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Douglasville, GA

I worked at Kroger part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kroger is family oriented and is willing to work with your flexibility. They also offer great benefits.

Cons

Because It's retail, the rude customers are not always great. Also, depending on the store you work in, It's hard to get a full time position.

Advice to Management

Love the company, but please make it easier for employees to obtain full time status in the stores.

2. "Okay Starter Job"

Former Employee - Produce Clerk
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk

I worked at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts on Products, Working With Customers, Helping People

Cons

Horrible Management, Minimum Wage, Bad Work Schedules