Kroger - Chaotic Warehouse not meant for females | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

"Chaotic Warehouse not meant for females"

Former Employee - Order Selector in Delaware, OH
Former Employee - Order Selector in Delaware, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was nice to be in a union, and have amazing benefits. People have been there for years and make a career out of being a order selector.

Cons

As a female, I felt uncomfortable constantly. There was a lack of females in the entire warehouse of over hundreds of males. There was a lot of harassment that I faced for only being there less than a month and it made me despise the company. Very dangerous when the men expect you to get out of their way and would cause accidents without a care. Constant injuries that were not minor were also a fear as everyone lacked safety while management did nothing to enforce it.

Advice to Management

Make it more worth while since it is a very labor intensive job while supporting the females that do come in. There are people of both sexes that are completely capable of doing their job well if you create an environment that is not about sex.

Other Employee Reviews for Kroger

"HORRIBLE"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were absolutely NONE at all

Cons

Always forced to work through your breaks. Male manager also would follow to restroom if you attempted to go to tell you to get back to the register. They would also have you stay past your scheduled hours

"The new Wal-Mart..."

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Springfield, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Springfield, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting in the Pharmacy you can achieve a $1.75 pay raise within your first year.

Cons

Check you pay-stub each week! For 3 weeks I have had 2x the normal amount of benefits taken out and it still has yet to be fixed! As an employee, you have to stay on-top of the managers to make sure they don't screw you over. Hours in the Pharmacy are being cut.

Advice to Management

If you consider Kroger to be your "home town store/pharmacy" then be a home town store/pharmacy. Quit cutting hours at your local stores to cut benefits and cost.