Cover image for Kroger

Current Employee

Excellent Place to Work

Nov 28, 2022 - Senior Product Design Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kroger Technology is Product/Customer centric. They value the importance of making decisions based on data and are outcome focused. They have a strong corporate culture of transparency, honesty, inclusion, fairness, and family-first beliefs at the core. The motto for Kroger, which is a food company, is to "Feed the Human Spirit".

Cons

The path down the road of being Product/Customer centric, being data-driven, and outcome focused is a new path. There are areas of the company with tenured leaders that are resistant to this change. However, they are fewer in number every year due to attrition and conversion.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worked with customers to take their orders.

Jan 7, 2023 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to advance position to higher levels.

Cons

Part time work. I had retired

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Traditional Corporate Greed

Jan 27, 2023 - Meat/Seafood Team Leader in Westerville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you don’t mind fast-paced, unreasonable demands, and don’t have a life, then I guess Kroger will work. It’s not bad to start as long as you don’t be late constantly or be lazy. Not that kinda job.

Cons

Very High Stress, constant interaction with aggressive customers, management are conniving and deceitful, Union is completely broken as far as Local 1059 Central Ohio, in both President and members. Hours are being cut so far as to almost destroy every dept, and we all know if you have one lazy person who doesn’t care, (like most dept have more than 1) then the person who actually cares gets ripped. If you’re new, they’ll let them steal, but anyone older than 3 yrs and they will get you for accidentally taking a $1.79 comb(Had to defend a girl as I’m a Union Steward. A real shame). They will put more and more on as they continue to reduce hours in hope of taking in money. They just don’t care at all for either customer or employee. If they cared, they’d fire the lazy nobodies and protect the ones who care and get them the help they need, so that way no one’s going home tired and in danger of falling asleep on the road.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Kroger.

Kroger Photos

+ Add Photo
Kroger photo of: Arial of Kroger headquarters located in Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.  (Photo attributed to Derek Jensen - )
Kroger photo of: Join our Family
Kroger workplace photo
Kroger photo of: I cleaned them nightly
Kroger photo of: Kroger at just 5 minutes drive to the east of Ft Mitchell insurance agency HORAN

Kroger Job Seekers Also Viewed