Kum & Go - Meh | Glassdoor

"Meh"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kirksville, MO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kirksville, MO

I worked at Kum & Go part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an easy job as long as you can shake off the idiot customers. If you work at a slow store you can get away taking a lot of breaks and still finish all your assigned tasks.

Cons

There are no assigned breaks so if you're working alone you can get stuck without a break for a whole shift. Kyle Krause sold our store even though it was consistently a money-maker. Great business sense there.

Advice to Management

Give more holiday pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Kum & Go

1. "Corporate doesn't think about employee ability"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Ames, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Ames, IA

I worked at Kum & Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's not a difficult job (I worked until I went into labor) and you can rely on payment and even see exactly how much your check will be days before you receive it. Can make friends and learn to be more outgoing. The best part of the job was being able to easily e-mail higher ups about important things and get answers.

Cons

The corporate office seemed to believe that workers shouldn't get any kind of break even if there weren't any customers in the store. The expectations for how clean and stocked my store had to be were ridiculous because the hours they provided barely covered time for one person per shift plus the food service person. Also, some managers aren't the best at hiring people.

Advice to Management

Go back to making people at corporate work 2 weeks in a store. It helps the less predictable and the busier stores with having enough people to get everything done, and makes them see things from the store perspective.

2. "Loved the customers"

Former Employee - General Manager in Iowa Falls, IA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Iowa Falls, IA

I worked at Kum & Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair wage, Supervisors are professional and there to help you be successful. Plenty of opportunity

Cons

A lot of work not enough time to do it in.

Advice to Management

Revise your matrix for budget hours. Not enough time to serve your customers properly