L-3 Communications - Very pleasant and great training. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications

"Very pleasant and great training."

Current Employee - Computer in Waco, TX
Current Employee - Computer in Waco, TX

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and great company to work for!

Cons

I have found no problems to comment on!

Other Employee Reviews for L-3 Communications

"Working at L-3 Communications was a good experience."

Former Employee - Field Support Engineer in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Field Support Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I met working at L-3 Communications are very supportive to new employees.

Cons

There are vast differences in management phylosophies between different Divisions.

Advice to Management

Standardize and sync management phylosophies between the different Divisions and monitior them closer.

"L-3 MariPro. OK, but not good for carrer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good group of people to work with. With the exception of a few, all people are extremely friendly. Some interesting travel to places once in awhile. Steady job for now.

Cons

Management is extremely full of pompous, arrogant, EGO. They treat others very poorly.

Quality, manufacturing, inventory control, are extremely broken. Audits are a facade, a show, put on to convince the auditors we are doing our our job, instead of show casing to them how well we do it. The fix to this recently, is not going to work. Outside help is needed.

New ideas are not welcome. You will be told, "This is the way we have always done it, we will continue to do it this way". This is like their freeking motto.

There is absolutely NO chance of any advancement. People are hired in from outside. There is NO training for advancement, there is rarely an opportunity and all the managers there are not leaving for at least 10 years. Mentoring is non existent, and training to do your job is scarce.

The Managers will do all the interesting, challenging work and leave you with the stuff they do not want to do.

The facility is dirty. It is common to have rats and mice in your office. It is a very old building thatt is falling apart. The equipment to do your job is outdated and new technology is not embraced. You will loose your skills here. It is not innovated, but instead, just minor modifications of the same stuff they have done for 30 years.

Management is impersonal and does not care about your personal life.

Advice to Management

Fix the quality, manufacturing and inventory problems. This will sink the company that is already plagued with deployed failures. The solution that has been implemented wont work. Someone from outside needs to be brought in. An actual professional.