L-3 Communications - L-3 Communications Management | Glassdoor

"L-3 Communications Management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was good dispite the managerial issues.

Cons

Not a good work environment. During my time with L-3, I was constantly micromanaged and bullied. Each time I requested to use earned time off due to health reasons, I was interrogated. I had to report to my supervisor when I arrived at work, when I left for lunch, when I arrived from lunch, and when I left for home. One day I was off site and needed to purchase some CD's for the project. I didn't report it to my supervisor and was serious chastised when he found out. I could go on, but won't.

Other Employee Reviews for L-3 Communications

"Good pay but not steady"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at L-3 Communications as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good $100/hour. Hiring was through the company's own website posted short term requirements (this was the MPRI division) and quickly set up a call back from the project manager putting the team together.

Cons

You are technically an independent contractor, billing hours through the company. There was more supervisory oversight than "independence". Lots of contracts to sign and fax/email to the HR office in Virginia (sixty plus pages).

Lots of the jobs require a security clearance and sometimes the language wasn't clear (ie. "cleared for NATO Secret" just meant you had an active US Secret clearance.

Filing travel expense voucher was a hassle and you needed to pay for weeks of hotel bills before the voucher was paid.

Vast majority of employees and all of the supervisors were former military, so you need to adapt to that culture. Good fit with the clients though.

2. "A good company to work for."

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay scales and benefits

Cons

Advancement oportunities could be better.