Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great starting point! Benefits of a case team without long hours

Jun 20, 2021 - Research and Design assistant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours and friendly team/company culture Essentially a case team assistant role. Great perks of being on the case team but without the long hours. Offers a solid 9-5 schedule and a mix of research, slide layout, interview contact sourcing, data cleaning, interview note taking/cleaning, and a great team!

Cons

Low end of salary, new role in the firm that is still being fully developed. Some kinks have to be worked out and no clear career trajectory like the Associate role offers

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast-paced company with lots of learning opportunities

Jun 8, 2021 - Senior Associate Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning opportunities, potential for international experience, smart and driven colleagues

Cons

Teams can be understaffed at times creating long hours

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The reason to join... is to exit

May 8, 2021 - Associate Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I only rate LEK highly because of the strength of the exit opps. The opportunities are great if you reach for them. After my two year mark I would get interesting opportunities in PE, PE ops, VC, Strategy, and (oddly) data science teams in my inbox and LinkedIn every week. When I started to actively recruit I was able to get interviews in the industry and function of my choice with ease. My thinking is... treat the company like it treats its employees. Extract what value you can, then leave.

Cons

Partners and managers are incentivized to extract every bit of productive work out of As and Cs. This leads to high hours - 60-70 hour weeks for most. Not all ~65 hour weeks are created equally. At LEK the intensity of each hour is high, there's rarely a moment for a breather, I'm grateful if I can catch a 15-30 minute lunch and a 30 minute dinner before working til midnight or later. I am not one to get burnt out, but most As would complain to me about their feelings of burnout, which I definitely sympathize with. With hours and intensity at such high levels, the compensation feels low, especially when normalized for hours. After 1 year, the absolute comp and $/hr that you can get in industry is greater, and depending on the company, the trajectory can be just as fast.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about L.E.K. Consulting.