L3 Technologies - L-3 Communications review for southern California division. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for L3 Technologies

"L-3 Communications review for southern California division."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

The company is growing and doing very well in the current economy. While L-3 is a very large corporation, many of the divisions still have a small company feel. The corporation invests in its research and development.

Cons

Salaries for low to mid level employees are not very competitive for southern California. The tuition reimbursement policy is not as beneficial as other companies in the area.

Advice to Management

Improve the tuition reimbursement policy and invest more in good employees.

Other Employee Reviews for L3 Technologies

"Different divisions operate differently - CPS need an HR upgrade."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Muskegon, MI

Pros

In this economy in this area, L-3 is one of the better paying companies. The people working at L-3 are generally hard workers and kind people

Cons

They seem to know that people NEED jobs here and treat their employees as if the company is owed. Dealings with HR never seem to go well. In HR's case it seems to be Sr. Management that is causing problems. Though the staff are repeatedly told that HR is "in the business of people" they (management) could care less about the people. If there are problems, the standard reply is "We are an 'at will' employer".

This is a union manufacturing shop, and they seem to think that the white collar employees need to be fought with like they fight the union. (Unfortunately the white collar employees do not have the representation to make deals with management)

Advice to Management

Please treat your white collar workers better. We would like to enjoy what we do, and do it well... But if we are beat on repeatedly - we're just going to go home at 4:30 and not care what happens to the place when we're gone. It's not BAD to allow your employees some sort of comp-time, it's not BAD to encourage workers to work from home. ALLOW us to be proud of what we do.

2. "Grateful employee"

Current Employee - Production in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Production in Lexington, KY

Pros

I think that some of the best aspects are our flexible schedules, benefits, supporting our troops, pay, people we work with, and the job that I do. Tution reinbursement, 401K and excellent benefits are all available. I think that this is a company that recognizes hard work and tries to foster that behavior.

Cons

The red tape and go round between different departments are some of the worst aspects of working for L-3. My understanding is that most larger companies operate in such a fashion, especially those involved in the government. However, if everyone would do their job and not worry about what someone else's job is, things would move much smoother.

Advice to Management

Cut the red tape! Tell everyone to quit complaining and do their job!