L3 Technologies - Work here if you can! | Glassdoor

"Work here if you can!"

Current Employee - Help Desk II in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Help Desk II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Working with professionals who are skilled and carry their own weight!
rapidly growing public company with revenues estimated at $14 Billion and with over 65,000 employees. L-3 Communications is a leading supplier of communications and specialized products and services to the US Department of Defense, intelligence agencies, federal civilian agencies, state and local governments, foreign governments, and major aerospace and defense prime contractors. L-3 EITS is the Information Technology Center of Excellence in L-3 Communications. With nearly 2,600 employees, EITS has successfully served the Department of Defense, federal civilian government agencies and state and local governments with a broad range of

Cons

Big, no, gigantic company. Hard to feel like Management cares, ya know?

Advice to Management

Focus more on team building and transperancy!

Other Employee Reviews for L3 Technologies

"Leadership Issues"

Pros

I actually enjoy the work I do and working with young military professionals. Job security seems to be good and decent pay / benefits.

Cons

I have been told by my immediate supervisor that my evaluations and job performance will not affect my advancement / promotion opportunities or pay raises.
    Have never (2 years with company) been provided with any formal counseling, either negative or positive.
    I am hesitant to report Equal Opportunity issues. Although negative repercussions are forbidden IAW company policy, I have seen everything personnel being forced to resign and others reassigned to undesirable positions for reporting problems.
    My entire team has come under a microscope from outside organizations due to fraud, waste and abuse by my immediate supervisor.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at your leadership practices.

2. "Life's good at L3"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

Pros

This is a company that really does its best to take care of its people. Even in the difficult times we are in now, layoffs are -really- a last resort . Most often the employee will be offered the chance to move to another area of the company that can leverage his/her skills. L3 is also a vast and diverse company. As well as having tangible asset product lines (i.e. communications gear, avionics, etc.) we also are a service provider to the defense industry at large. This means that large program cuts that affect other defense industry players like Boeing , Lockheed and Nortrhup do not affect L3 as much.

Cons

If your not directly working in a production oriented group and are in a service providing capability, you may find yourself "separated" from the company. That is, you may be working as a "sub" on some other provider's contract and that means your not in daily contact with "the mother ship". This is sometimes inconvenient.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. If anything, streamline the hiring process (division and company dependent) at some locations so as to make it easier to compete for talent.