L3 Technologies - Good company to work for if you a non minority,,,just so so if you are a minority | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for L3 Technologies

"Good company to work for if you a non minority,,,just so so if you are a minority"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at L3 Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strongly supports education and training. During my time there I was able to complete a Bachlors and (2) Master degrees paid for mostly by the company.

Cons

Lack of diversity in management and leadership roles. During my 10 years there I've only seen (2) manager at the Program Manager level and up who were minorities out of hundreds of employees. The goog old boys network is alive and we'll at this company, especially in the Chantilly, VA office.

Advice to Management

Senior Management should practice what they preach and offer more opportunities for everyone not just the good old boys. There are some outstanding well educated minorities in the company who could just a good a job than the non minorities who often time are promoted through the ranks in no time at all

Other Employee Reviews for L3 Technologies

"With better top management it could have been stellar"

Former Employee - Professor Service Manager G14 in Vandenberg AFB, CA
    Former Employee - Professor Service Manager G14 in Vandenberg AFB, CA

I worked at L3 Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong belief in employees being the backbone of the company

Cons

They have grown so rapidly that they are not structured as a single entity but rather multiple causing fragmentation across the divisions

Advice to Management

For NS Solutions division stop wasting considerable funds on Leadership and feel good management approaches when you have already shared the employees will be going joint venture and no longer be L-3. LISC contract and the way information is being released is a total morale killer

2. "Engineering Management"

I have been working at L3 Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, dedicated, hard working people, good pay and benefits

Cons

As a holding company there are times when different divisions are not all going the same direction. The entrepreneurial spirit that existed in the early years of the company are gone.

Advice to Management

"Small" company or product line acquisitions can add valuable growth paths for divisions. Often these are overlooked because of the due diligence cost. Perhaps it would be good to re-evaluate the due diligence process to make it fit the acquisition cost.