LA Fitness - Corporate Business at it's worst | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

"Corporate Business at it's worst"

Former Employee - Fitness Instructor in Evanston, IL
Former Employee - Fitness Instructor in Evanston, IL

I worked at LA Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to teach class however I wanted because no one ever came and watched my class to see if I was following the guidelines or any other similar class for that matter.
Memebership is low priced.

Cons

I worked at two different locations.I was teacher. One of the locations actually did not supply me with a cd player for over a year, so no music for the class! The front desk staff was generally uninformed of whatever questions people seemed to have. One club was dirty and things like the towel wringer were broken without being fixed. The manager was repeatedly rude to the club members . The members always complained about poor service. The member and employee turnover was and I suspect still is due to the disatisfaction level.Basically, what I saw was the club is always trying to increase it's membership so the mamagers, employees were stressed at the numbers level they were expected to obtain.Also, the managers would drive insane distances( 1-1 1/2 hrs sometimes) to a club rather tahn being placed in thier local area or somewhat local area. Pay is exceptionally low.

Advice to Management

Treat your employess and members with the respect and consideration they deserve.

Other Employee Reviews for LA Fitness

"I loved working with my Clients, but LA Fitness Ripped them off!"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Patchogue, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Patchogue, NY

I have been working at LA Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

they provide you with clients as they sign them up.
    Very Flexible schedule as you create your own with your clients

Cons

Clients get locked into high rates from pushy salesman.
    sessions are only 30mins long, so the pay is actually $8/ session (If you don't book back to back clients your pay is $8/hr instead of $16

Advice to Management

improve your customer service to the members! There are many unhappy members!

2. "Horrible pay, Poor Management, Corrupt management"

Former Contractor - Personal Trainer in Plano, TX
    Former Contractor - Personal Trainer in Plano, TX

I worked at LA Fitness as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, free membership for you and a family member.

Cons

Horrible pay, Poor Management, Corrupt management, client poaching is very common among workers, No benefits!!
    pay is $6 per session, each session is 30min, 2 session= 1 hour=$12 per hour minus taxes (pending on location) $6 per session. No career advancement. incontinency on clients. you can have a client at 11:00 and your next client may not be till 2:00. Poor communication and work ethics.