LA Fitness - Was a great place to start as a Personal Trainer, since I worked with a staff of at least 20 trainers.. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

"Was a great place to start as a Personal Trainer, since I worked with a staff of at least 20 trainers.."

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at LA Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great place to learn from other trainers and their styles, etc..access to pretty nice gyms nationwide..

Cons

underpaid for the responsibilities a personal trainer has to shoulder (safety and health of my clients) $6.00/30 mins sessions (???)..raises (a quarter at a time..r u kidding me??).."group training" (ASSembly line training..aka Fast Food Training) was shoved down my throat with the reasoning that I would make more $ (oh yeah "I" would make more $) and sometimes a trainer could sit for 2 hours without an appt..yet, u really cant leave..so, u sit without making any $ for 2hrs..and, cant really fit in another job..how? i starved and finally moved on..

Advice to Management

when u purchase raw materials or office equipment..u pay for the best..u should compensate ur manpower/womanpower [trainers]..some of the best, most dedicated, studious trainers around for their talent and hard and smart work..that's why people move on..in search of greener pastures..and u need to care more about your members as well..sheesh..no wonder u have a nationwide class action suit against u for misrepresentation at P.O.S. (they will NOT let u out of THAT CONTRACT..even when a member gives fair notice...they have to jump through hoops-on fire-that move..its ridiculous..

Other Employee Reviews for LA Fitness

1. "Notification of Closing of location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I have been working at LA Fitness part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Would not recommend this company to work or patronize.

Cons

Company did not notify employees directly until signs posted in club for days and all members knew.
    No apology or offer to assist in finding openings in other locations. Employees had to repeatedly seek management to find out information- management did not contact employees.

Advice to Management

Show consideration to long time employees. The lack of consideration for employees and members in the closing of the Towson, MD location was inexcusable. Your clubs are filthy, managers are rude and it is not surprising the club needed to close.

2. "Ehh"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LA Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can get paid for doing nothing.

Cons

Way too much outside sales.