LA Quinta - Lack of Managerial Back-up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LA Quinta

"Lack of Managerial Back-up"

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Camp Springs, MD
Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Camp Springs, MD

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice hotels and great brand presentation. Very friendly clientele that are extremely loyal to the brand which lends itself to stronger connections to those regular guests.

Cons

Very autonomous environment where the company is willing to discredit employee to avoid taking ownership of their decisions that make guest and cooperating companies unhappy

Advice to Management

Stronger policies need to be applied to franchise locations in regards to benefits packages as none are offered in some locations.

Other Employee Reviews for LA Quinta

"Good to start with, don't see it as a career"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at LA Quinta part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was your basic limited service hotel. You got a taste of being in the hotel industry and the systems that were in place compared to other hotel companies I worked at were actually better integrated.

Cons

Management loved to always call 15 minutes before a shift was supposed to start even on a day off and tell me to make it there or I was fired. Both FOM and GM were almost impossible to get ahold of most times. Not enough support for backup for employees when it gets busy.

Advice to Management

Understand that to a lot of people in the business this might be their first step into the door of hospitality. If you don't want to have a constant turnover rate stop belittling and treating your employees like they're less than people.

2. "La Quinta is a good company but working for a franchise is not."

Pros

The overall company is good but the company that is the franchise company is not.

Cons

When thy are a franchise like Vision Hotel group they work by their own rules. They work with a minimal crew and want us to take responsibility for complaints but when we do they come down on us for what we do.

Advice to Management

You need to check on your franchisees and make sure that they are doing what you want for your brand. They come in and cut back to a skeletal crew and then work us like dogs. They don't back the decisions we make after telling us to make them on the spot. They ask us to lie to the guests so they would get good reviews.