LCE - Great culture with a positive working environment and managers who care. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LCE

"Great culture with a positive working environment and managers who care."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great! The newly renovated environment has allowed for a more efficient and comfortable work space. LCE management respects my personal life and encourages a life/work balance. I moved here not knowing anyone or the area and the employees of LCE took me in and made me feel welcomed.

Cons

I came from a large corporation where the benefits were a bit better. The benefits for a single individual are not as good as perhaps they are for folks claiming dependents.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage employees through social activities outside of the office. Also, more communications from Executive Leadership in regards to activities occurring within the company, you are our link to each of the groups within LCE.

Other Employee Reviews for LCE

1. "LCE has been voted top 5 Best Places to Work for the last four years for a reason."

Current Employee - Principal Investigator in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Principal Investigator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Local ownership gives this mature company a small-company feeling.
    Transparent management style encourages and recognizes individual accomplishments.
    Employee Engagement means social events, laughs and a commitment to Professional Development. Good salaries & benefits.

Cons

More opportunities for advancement would be nice... they seem to be in our near future!
    I suppose we could use a faster Internet connection, too.
    There's really not much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and stay committed to our current values!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at LCE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work! Everyone is very knowledgable and friendly. Like others have stated, there is very much a family type atmosphere. LCE is willing to go the extra mile for its customers as well as its employees. Training and certifications are encouraged. This year alone I've received two certifications and a training opportunity, for which I am very grateful. On top of the training and certifications, there have been numerous side projects, lunch and learn gatherings to share knowledge on new technologies, and other local community events to participate in sponsored by LCE.

I've also seen the company provide continual work for its employees. If work is winding down in one area, they provide the opportunity internally before looking for new talent. They say they want to keep each and every person they hire, and I feel it's true.

Cons

No real cons that I've noticed.

Advice to Management

I think the management is doing a great job.