LDS Family Services - Not all things pertaining to the Church are true. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LDS Family Services

"Not all things pertaining to the Church are true."

Current Employee - Lcsw in Concord, CA
Current Employee - Lcsw in Concord, CA

Pros

Opportunity to work with members of LDS faith. It is refreshing to deal with individuals who want to improve their lives through counseling from other Church members. The work is varied between clinical counseling of individuals, families, couples and birth parent or adoption work.

Cons

The agency is very punative if you are not one of their golden employees. The incompetence is wide spread but only individuals who play the games and kiss up are rewarded. There is nepotism within the system and qualifications acquired outside the agency are not recognized. The hierarchy is very sexist and do not follow legal business practices.

Advice to Management

To get out of Salt Lake and see how things work in the real world.

Other Employee Reviews for LDS Family Services

1. "Excellent environment : LDS Employment Resource Services"

Current Employee - Center Coordinator in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Center Coordinator in Ogden, UT

I have been working at LDS Family Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working here has been such a great experience. The entire team are like a net. they are all in sync and support one another to offer the best to the candidates that come in to search for employment and interview skills. They are positive, up lifting and focused.

Cons

Its only a temporary job, so I have to stay focused on that and search for employment opportunities with an a future employer that offers benefits, great pay and an amazing working environment. The only reason I put one star for career ops: The facility runs on volunteers. Great volunteers I might add. And one star for compensation and benefits: The boss is flexible about allowing you time to get your things done... and there are no benefits, besides a great work environment. LOL

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We ( the community) needs more places like this available to the public. Keeping the feeling of caring and compassion alive in the office is what will keep people coming back and referring others. Im really glad I had the opportunity, however short, to remind me of my expectations of other employers. Stay joyous!!!

2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at LDS Family Services part-time

Pros

Paid is rarely good for what you do. Free cafeteria lunch every day. Good people with high standards when it comes to working together and supporting one another. Managers are easy going, understand family situations arise, etc

Cons

Very few full time benefited positions that ever open up. Most employees can only work part time hours. Few opportunities to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your support is great.