LEAP - Rock Solid | Glassdoor

"Rock Solid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at LEAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is not your average agency. It took me a while to figure it out, but LEAP is focused on assembling the best and brightest to build out the kind of shop most of us have always wanted to be a part of. There's not a lot of hype or propaganda about it, but if you pay attention and get involved it's easy to have a voice and make an impact. And that's pretty unusual. Beyond that, everybody I've met here... really cares about the work we do...sometimes too much! But it's really cool to be a part of a company that has that mindset.

Cons

There is no perfect. Every job has its downsides...it is all about what you look for in your work. But for some people, the consistency of change at LEAP would be difficult. It's a shop that tweaks and tests and has a tendency to get restless if it isn't changing. But it's rarely boring here!

Advice to Management

When it comes to personally doing whatever it takes to get over the finish line....our management team leads by example to an extent I've never seen before. But within that, there's a tendency to take too long to delegate.

LEAP2017-06-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great atmosphere with great people"

Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Louisville, KY

I worked at LEAP part-time for more than a year

Pros

It felt like I was part of a family there. Everyone on my team helped me if I had a question about something. I felt like I was around a bunch of like-minded people every time I went into work.

Cons

There really isn't many downsides. Some of the members of other teams could be a little overbearing at times.

LEAP2019-06-19

"Excellent People, Awesome Work Environment, Great Jumping Point"

Current Employee - Senior Linux Systems Administrator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at LEAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is decent, but go in prepared to negotiate, don't low ball yourself. The company has an amazing working environment and atmosphere, the people are friendly and the culture is relaxed. Tees & Jeans are appropriate working attire for normal days. Dogs are allowed in the office, so be sure you don't have allergies, or plan to discuss this if you do. You won't find a better group of people to work... with, everyone is friendly and you will make a lot of friends.

Cons

The company is small, so benefits are costly. There is no formal 401K Matching program, there is "Profit Sharing" but its not highly active. The work can be stressful with tight deadlines and a typically lean staff. Upper management is typically hands off on the day to day. Sick Days count against PTO and the vacation/holiday structure takes getting used to.

Advice to Management

Focus less on loyalty and more about hiring quality staff.

LEAP2018-04-28

Discover more reviews about LEAP.