Cover image for LEEP Dual Language Academy Charter School

LEEP Dual Language Academy Charter School

Is this your company?

LEEP Dual Language Academy Charter School

Add a Review

burn-out central - Teacher LEEP Dual Language Academy Charter School Employee Review

1. 1.0
      Apr 4, 2023
      Teacher
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The families are really thankful towards hard working teachers and ops members often make due with what they have.

Cons

Teachers are extremely overworked and underpaid. Several classrooms are not in compliance with district policies and there are constant IEP violations. There are often times ICT classrooms without two teachers and school aides substituting classes. There is very little structure and many administrative vacancies that urgently need to be filled so students receive all the support the school has promised the community. High teacher and student turn-over rate. Promises a quality dual language education but has focused more on teaching towards standardized testing and has abandoned its mission as a dual language program prioritizing English reading instruction.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Nov 8, 2022
        Lead Teacher
        Current Employee, more than 3 years
        Business Outlook

Pros

LEEP is a wonderful school! The new leadership has helped me grow as an educator immensely. They really look out for their staff and help in anyway they can. They truly care about bettering your craft. Leadership is always available for any questions, concerns or even just to check in. I feel the ALEGRIA in every classroom I walk into. The students and families make all the hard work worth it! I love how everyone single person in the building works together making your work life much easier.

Cons

Lots of work but you grow and learn from all of it.

1. 1.0
          Jul 14, 2023
          Director of Operations
          Former Employee, less than 1 year
          Brooklyn, NY
          Business Outlook

Pros

Working with fellow Latinos and Latino community was rewarding

Cons

Zero work life balance, leadership is toxic and refuses to take accountability for their mistakes and lack of direction, high turn over rate which in turn only hurts the student body.

Discover more reviews about LEEP Dual Language Academy Charter School.

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

CSM

Hi any one works as solutions engineer I got this task to do and would like to know if it’s correct what I’ve done please. Thanks a lot

0 Comments

Digital Strategy Consultant

Is it bad interview etiquette to ask about salary expectations WHEN the recruiter fails to bring that up in our screener? I did it so we could ensure alignment and the recruiter said she ‘usually waits to do that after the first call’ 🙄

2 Comments

EHS Analytics Manager

Has anyone ever requested another recruiter while starting the interview process? I had a bad experience with one at Republic. It was really bad to the point she wasn't remembering conversations and ghosted me about follow-ups. She reached out to me about a job I applied for a few months ago but I don't want to go through the same experience. Then again, maybe her lack of accountability is indicative of the work environment at that particular company and I shouldn't even bother.

2 Comments